Hello everyone! I know I haven't written in a little while, but everything is still going very well. I have just finished my second week of teaching English classes at the YMCA and it has been a blast. In the morning I teach a class for children and in the afternoon I teach one for adults (and a few young children who show up as well). Both classes are a lot of fun and the students are all learning a lot. The kids in the morning greet me with warm smiles, strong hugs, and adorable drawings and letters. Most of the letters are about how much fun they have learning English with me and that I shouldn't ever leave the country (I'm really starting to consider extending my stay - and if anyone from Glastonbury is reading, dont worry.... too much, hehe).
On Sundays Mirian and I go to church together and she has really been enjoying the messages and fellowship. She has even been inviting her friends which makes it that much more fun to go together.
Life here is quite different from back home, but I am learning a lot each day and every new experience has been filled with wonder and excitement. My friends here are wonderful and make sure that I'm always having a great time and taking advantage of every moment. Every weekend my friends Virginia and Caridad kidnap me for a few days to take me around the city (Mirian, Virginia and Caridad have worked out a joint custody schedule). Today we walked all around the Zona Colonial and they taught me a lot about their country's rich history. Now Caridad is going to write a little in Spanish about what we have been up to. If you don't speak Spanish, you should learn.... or find a translator.
¡Hola a todos! :D Ahora estoy muy feliz en compañía de Dorie y bueno les quiero contar un poco lo que hemos hecho desde mi punto de vista.
Bueno, la verdad es que hemos estado pasando un verano súper agradable, muy divertido, con muchas actividades, muy cultural, mmm, pues son muchas las cosas que vienen a mi mente. El viaje de Dorie no ha sido sólo una experiencia para ella sino también para muchos que hemos tenido la dicha de conocerla, y es que cada día aprendemos algo nuevo, sobre todo de la cutura americana, y eso ha sido algo muy interesante para mí.
A muchos nos encantaría tener a Dorie a tiempo completo de este lado de la capital, pero no se
puede, así que decidimos lo de la custodia compartida :D. Algunas veces vamos a la otra casa de Dorie y allí Mirian nos permite quedarnos a hablar y cocinar, ella es bien simpática y cuida bastante por Dorie, así que no se preocupen por nada. Después vamos a las clases y al final la secuestramos por par de días.
En las clases todo marcha bien, los muchachos aprenden muy rápido y nunca se aburren, es la mejor clase de inglés en la que estado, de verdad.
Ahora estamos tratando de convencer a Dorie de que se quede con nosotros y terminarla de domicanizar, qué creen de eso?
Bueno están todos invitados a venir a Rep. Dominicana, esperamos verlos pronto por aquí,
Cuidense,
Caridad.
OK - that's all we're going to write for today. The most important thing that Caridad said (for those of you non spanish speakers out there) is that you are all invited to come to visit us in the DR and we hope to see you soon!!!
Miss you all,
d
Don't worry, I'm Still Alive
Friday, July 25, 2008Posted by Dorie Conlon at 6:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mis fotos
Subscribe to my Blog
By submitting your email address, you will receive email messages each time I update my Blog.
Random Travel Survey
What countries have you visited?
Spain, France, England
What is your favorite city?
Granada, Spain
What's the coolest thing you've done in another city?
I recently jumped out of a plane in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Do you prefer hotels or hostels?
Depends on the kind of trip.
Have you ever met up with friends in a different country?
Yes, but I prefer to meet new friends in different countries.
What's the largest group you've traveled with?
My study abroad group in college.
How old were you when you went on your first plane ride?
3rd grade - to Florida.
What's your favorite part about traveling?
The excitement building up around the trip and experiencing something completely foreign.
Do you pack light?
Lighter than anyone else you know.
When did you get your passport?
When I was 18.
When is the most recent time you've been out of the country?
In February I took a group of kids to Madrid.
When is the last time you've been on a plane?
Went to California for the weekend with my aunt two weeks ago.
Do you prefer the city, beach or mountains?
Mountains!!!
What place have you returned to most?
Spain, almost every year since I first went there.
What place would you most like to visit?
Machu Picchu, Peru
Who is your dream travel companion?
My future children.
Spain, France, England
What is your favorite city?
Granada, Spain
What's the coolest thing you've done in another city?
I recently jumped out of a plane in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Do you prefer hotels or hostels?
Depends on the kind of trip.
Have you ever met up with friends in a different country?
Yes, but I prefer to meet new friends in different countries.
What's the largest group you've traveled with?
My study abroad group in college.
How old were you when you went on your first plane ride?
3rd grade - to Florida.
What's your favorite part about traveling?
The excitement building up around the trip and experiencing something completely foreign.
Do you pack light?
Lighter than anyone else you know.
When did you get your passport?
When I was 18.
When is the most recent time you've been out of the country?
In February I took a group of kids to Madrid.
When is the last time you've been on a plane?
Went to California for the weekend with my aunt two weeks ago.
Do you prefer the city, beach or mountains?
Mountains!!!
What place have you returned to most?
Spain, almost every year since I first went there.
What place would you most like to visit?
Machu Picchu, Peru
Who is your dream travel companion?
My future children.
2 comments:
Caridad, Eres muy buena en escribir a nosotros! Que suerte tiene Dorie pasar tiempo con dominicanas tan amables :-) Me alegro de que te diviertas con ella. Dile a ella que debe llevarte (y a unos ninos:-)) a los EEUU!
Gracias Kate :)
Por ahora no sabemos cuando, pero estamos seguras de que estaré por allá algún día. De verdad, me encantaría :)
Post a Comment