What an Adventure

Monday, August 4, 2008

This weekend Caridad, Virginia and I set out on what would turn out to be a truly unforgettable adventure. My family - Aunt Mary, Uncle Reeve and my cousins Kristin, Alicia and Faith - were on vacation in Punta Cana and the three of us made the four hour bus journey to visit them in the Paradisus all-inclusive resort. All I can say is... wow. The place was beautiful and offered more than we could imagine. It was nice to get away and see my family and speak English for a little while.


Being in Punta Cana was quite a different experience and nothing like the side of the Dominican that I have been calling Home. I know when people at home hear ¨dominican republic¨a lot of people think of the beaches, sunshine and palm trees and that is exactly what we had this weekend. The typical dominican experience. Sooo - while we were away on our mini vacation, my friends and I decided to make a little video for you about the different sides of the dominican - the typical resorts and the life I've been living (it's still in the making so you are going to have to come back later to check it out). I am glad to have had the opportunity to experience both because both sides are beautiful in their own ways and have a lot to offer. Nothing like escaping to Paradisus for the weekend!!!
enjoying the sunshine,
-d

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Es la verdad: inolvidable. ¡¡Graciaaaas!! T.Q.M.

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web