Just an Update

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hello friends and family in the States. Just writing to give everyone an update on how things are going in the DR. As you can imagine, things are still going very well - so well that I barely have time to keep up with the blog. Since I never know what to write, I've recruited my friend Virginia to give you all an update (in Spanish) and at the end of the post I'll give you a quick summary in English.

Conocer a Dorie ha sido una experiencia única, ya que ella es un extraordinario ser humano y una persona con cualidades excepcionales.

Su visita a nuestro pais ha sido una de las mejores cosas que ha pasado en este verano.


Es una persona muy inteligente, simpatica y facil de tratar y su compañia siempre es muy agradable, ya que cuando una esta con ella siente que la conociera de toda una vida, es muy sociable y amante a la vida, le gusta conocer de la cultura y hemos tenido la oportunidad de visitar algunos museos y lugares culturales y ella se muestra muy interesada en aprender de la cultura dominicana. Tambien hemos ido a lugares recreativo y la hemos pasado ¡very funny!
Ella ha vivido una vida comun en la R.D. y tiene una manera de adaptacion admirable.

Hablar de Dorie es hablar de sencillez, respeto a los demas la verdad que una pagina es poco para hablar de sus virtudes que como persona poseee.

Ella puede decir que tiene familia en R.D. Y de manera particular que tiene una nueva mommy.

Asi que ya sabem a todo el que tenga la dicha de compartir con ella que sepan aprovechar ese tiempo y tratarla como ella se merece (o sea muy bien) de lo contrario ella puede venir a R. D. y puede asegurar de que aqui sabremos darcelo.

Besos y abrazos a todos

Virginia Mota.

Basically she said that I am having a great time and learning a lot about Dominican culture. If you want more details, find a translator :) Anyways, Virginia has been keeping me very busy. We went to the Botanical Gardens, saw an amazing dance show put on by her nieces, discovered I am famous, was serenaded by Virgi's sister, brother, and his wife, and I made Virgi try Capuccino for the first time.... she liked it.

OK, so in case you don't know, I come home on the 20th - which means I don't have too much time left here. Our schedule is pretty packed until I leave, but I will keep you all in the loop. If you want to see me when I get home, shoot me an email and I'm sure I would love to meet up with you.

Lots of love,
-d

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures say a lot. It is easy to see that you've made family for yourself among the people you've encountered. Thanks for posting them. As for the text -- Babel Fish did the trick for the most part.

It's a great thing you're doing and I admire you a lot for that. Safe travels home. It's been fun to see a place from your POV.

Stands-with-a-guitar

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web