Today is the Day

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Today I begin my new journey in the DR. This afternoon the Southington Leaders Group is leaving and I start becoming part of the Dominican YMCA family. The time I spent getting to know the youth of my town was an amazing experience. I learned that S-ton is very lucky to have such a fine group of young adults representing them in a foreign country and I believe when this group returns back to the states they will bring much more with them than fond memories and souvenirs, but they will have a better appreciation of themselves and the world around them. I am proud of the group they are and very honored to have been accepted into their family for a week.

I am as anxious as I am excited to start my new work here. In this first week, my new Dominican family has welcomed me with warm smiles and open arms, and I am sure it will be the same for the many weeks to come. I look forward to meeting the people I will be sharing my summer with and will keep you posted on all that is going on.

Un abrazo,
~d

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web