Don Gregorio

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've spent the last two days working in a little town called Don Gregorio. When we arrived we were greeted by swarms of smiling children who wanted nothing more than to hold our hands, play games and sing songs. They were the happiest kids I have ever met and immediately welcomed us into their village. Christina and I were asked to gather all of the kids into the center of the playground and lead them in a game. We played Simon Says and then sung a few camp songs [despite the fact that they have never spoken English before - they really enjoyed singing and dancing with us in English]. From that point forward we were instant friends. After lunch, we were guided around their town. Unfortunately, I am at a loss for words and find it impossible to describe their living conditions. Instead, I'm going to post a few pictures - but remember, despite all of this - these kids are super-amazing, generous, kind, loving, smiling, beautiful, etc.

humbled,
~d















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorie,
I'm so excited to hear more tales about your adventures in la Republica Dominicana! I look forward to learning more about the culture through your blog.
Love yah,
Becca

Unknown said...

These are the most heartwarming pictures Dorie! Miss you, -Lj

Kate said...

you're amazing.
what an experience!
<3

Anonymous said...

wow thank you so much for showing me how you been doing down there. I have been wondering about you. Im glad you are alright and happy also. I pray for your safety whenever you are. take care.

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web